Pages

Saturday, February 3, 2018

Tales of the Month


Hello faeries!

Another Tales of the Month is in order. Whatcha think about that, aren't you excited???! XD :P

The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielson


The book is about: Sage has been an orphan all his life; there were never any opportunities to do anything that could change the world. But that all changed when Conner, a nobleman, comes and takes him away. Conner says there is a way to stop the war that is surely to come if the king dies. But this way is not the most honest path to take. Conner wants Sage and some other orphans to compete for the role of being the king's long lost son. This grand scheme involves layers upon layers of treachery and deceit, and if Conner's plan works, than the truth must never get out.  

This book was so enjoyable. Even if I read it before and remember the ending quite well, I was still in suspense with all the action that was happening. And Sage is very clever and humorous character so that made the book even more likable. :D

I can't wait to continue the series! ^.^

Mister Monday by Garth Nix


The book is about: A young boy named Arthur was meant to die an early death. But a key shaped like a minute hand was given to him and Arthur lived. Someone with evil intentions is also wanting to get their hands on the key. Their name is Mister Monday, who lives in another land full of strange and magical things, and he will stop at nothing to claim that key. Arthur has to go to the land that Mister Monday is from to save himself and possibly the entire world. 

I was kinda at lost for which books to get from the library a couple of weeks ago. One of the most horrible problems in the world. Not knowing which book to read. XD So I was just wandering around the same bookshelves again and again, until I spotted this book, Mister Monday. I knew my brother, Josiah, read this book and most of the series and he enjoyed it. *shrugs* So I thought I'd give it a go. 

Let me tell you... it was very confusing. XD Like it had cool confusing stuff in there. But I just didn't really get the rules of the magical land... Josiah said that it gets less confusing as the series goes on. So! That means I need to keep reading The Keys to the Kingdom series!!! XD  I think I enjoyed the book, but I feel like I won't be able to properly form an opinion on it until I read more of the series. 

Talons of Power by Tui T. Sutherland


This book is about: Turtle thinks the best plan for everything is to hide and let someone else be the rescuer. I mean, he would probably just mess it up, right? Then all of a sudden a huge, evil threat comes to his world. And it seems like Turtle is the only one who notices it. Does that mean he is the only one with the power to stop it? Will Turtle have enough courage to finally play the hero? 

This book was so awesome!!!!!! The characters were the best things ever!!!!!!!!! XD I loved the action scenes at the end so so much. Reading this book from Turtle's point of view was hilarious. XD He kept making comparisons to characters in the books he reads to himself. :P It was great! :D

If you haven't read The Wings of Fire, then what are you doing?* It's, like, one of the best dragon series I know! XD

*Did anybody catch that DanTDM reference? XD

- - -

Sorry that I hadn't read a lot of books to talk about this time round! Hopefully, this month I'll read more that I feel like talking about! 

If you have any suggestions on what kinds of books I should read and talk about on here, please let me know!

- - -

GUYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. I WATCHED THE DEATH CURE. AND OH MY GOODNESS. It. Was. Amazing! So intense. So feelsy. I can't even. 
#bestmazerunnermovieever

1 comment:

  1. 1. OOOH :O THat sounds super good! :D I hope I can read that... someday XDD
    2. Sounds like an awesome book :o (Except the confusing part.. XDD)
    3. *is tempted to read what you said about it but skips back because I haven't even read the 5th book* XDD

    YESYESYESYESYEYSSSS GOING TO SEE THAT TUESDAY YAYAYA
    CAUSE NEWT
    :)
    #NEWTISBESTANDVERYHOTBUTADAMISHOTTERBUTOHWELL

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat! I'd love to hear your thoughts about my blog!