Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2018

Tales of the Month and a Couple of Sneak Peeks

Hey faeries!

Summer's just motoring right along, isn't it?

...

*tries to think of creative things to say in this intro*

*can't*

*slumps over and puts head on the desk and mumbles something about not having a lot of creativity in the writing department - so sorry if this post doesn't make a whole lot of sense*

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling


This book is about: Harry's in his second year in Hogwarts. And, ignoring the warnings about danger from a strange little house-elf, things are actually going semi-normal. But, one day, Harry starts hearing creepy whispers and people at the school are becoming Petrified! And, to add to the list of things that are making life harder for Harry, he has a famous new teacher who seems to know nothing about teaching; there's a new Seeker on the Slytherin Quidditch team that despises Harry; and the house-elf's "help" is far from being helpful and closer to being harmful. Can Harry figure out what's happening at school before it's too late? 

I love Chamber of Secrets so much! Everything was amazing! Again, this book is so perfectly charming. And *does a little happy dance* there was a few Draco scenes!!!! <3 XD There were two characters in the book that were kinda annoying, but I still loved it. The ending to the book was twisty and awesome. XD 

Sundae My Prince Will Come by Suzanne Nelson


This book is about: Mali loves ballet. Mali's mom loves the ice cream parlor, which means that her mom doesn't get Mali's passion. Things are a little tight with money for them, so when the Mali's ballet lessons start costing more, Mali has to quit. And, then Mali meets Alonzo. Alonzo's love is gelato. So Alonzo makes a deal with Mali that he would get his mom, who is a famous ballet dancer, to teach her ballet and he would work in the ice cream parlor. With drama, secrets, and gelato, what could go wrong?

Like all Suzanne Nelson books, this one was darling. It was different having a main character in a book who already has a boyfriend. The main character was kinda judgmental at the beginning, so that was also intriguing to read. :o And Alonzo's way of talking was adorkable. He's from Italy so English isn't his first language and you can tell. <3 He struggled a little with his words. XD

To sum it up, it was a really sweet book! ^-^

Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 1 by Masami Tsuda


This book is about: Yukino is at the top of her class. She's good at everything and the whole school admires her. But then she starts high school, and there's a new boy in town. Arima (or Soiichiro as some call him) seems to be even more perfect than Yukino. Yukino's feels threatened by Arima. So she tries everything she can to get to the top again. One day, Arima finds out that Yukino isn't as perfect as she makes herself out to be and he blackmails her into doing his homework. Maybe Arima isn't so perfect either. Will Yukino and Arima learn that they don't have to be the best at everything?

I know this book sounds like the main character is a terrible role-model, and she, technically, kind of is, but she slowly gets better as the book goes on. XD And art style was amazing in this graphic novel!!! I loved it. <3 I could just stare at some of the panels, just trying to understand all the art techniques. The romance was cute and, although the story was rather random sometimes, I honestly loved it so much. Everything was just so anime-ish! c:

On a side note, the book was clean, except for a some swear words. :1 I just ignored those.

- - -

So, I promised two sneak peeks in the title of this post, didn't I? :3 


Can you guess what this is going to be? C; This little project won't be finished for awhile, so you'll have to be patient. XD 


This sneak peek is just giving you a small taste of what some of my art will be next week. :D Hint: I'm using markers more. 

What do you think of the sneak peeks?

4 comments:

  1. Ive decided I am going to actually read your blog properly now like every single post XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OM, hey, Violet! :O Really? That's so sweet of you! I can't wait to talk to you more through comments. :)

      Delete
  2. Agh. I started a comment on this, but then had to do something and forgot XDD

    1. Harry potter!! XDD (Was Draco cute?)
    2. That sounds good! I'll have to keep an eye out for it at the library!
    3. That sounds cool :o Again, I'll have to keep an eye out for it!

    Are you making some type of comic??? :OOOOOO

    Uh
    looks like
    idk
    something from..
    LOZ?.. Something tells me that is horribly wrong XDDDD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *laughs* It's fine, Sarah! You're really not that late at commenting! XDD

      1. Yeah!!! XDDD (OM, GOSH, YES. *faints* Every scene he was in was wonderful. *rolls around* I can't even now. SARAH, WHY DID YOU MAKE ME THINK OF DRACO. I'M MELTING NOW. XDDDD)

      2. Ooo, yay! I didn't know you would like the sound of that book. XD Lemme know when you read it! I'm always so curious about what you think about books. XDD

      3. AHH, THAT SOUNDS GOOD TO YOU, TOO???!!!!! I WAS NOT EXPECTING IT TO. XDDDD AGAIN. XDD

      You are good! XD It is a comic, a really short one. ^.^

      OM. THAT GUESS. *faints from laughing too hard* XDDD I CAN SEE WHY BUT NO. XDDD *wipes tears from eyes* It's not from LOZ. You'll see in a little while what it really is from. XD (Like, *tries to calculate when I'll be actually posting that picture* Ummm, wow. Like on the 30th???! Um, hmm, maybe I should post more than one art piece for each post. XD Yeah, I should do that. XD)

      Delete

Let's chat! I'd love to hear your thoughts about my blog!