As you know from one of my last posts called a Small Art Post, I had said I bought the book A Study in Scarlet by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. I read it in the middle of August sometime. It was really good and way different than I thought it would be. I guess, I was kinda excepting Nancy Drew feel but the main character is a guy (obviously!) and it being old fashioned. XD
- The main characters are just so kooky together.
- Sherlock is super smart and comes up brilliant thoughts on how to solve a case.
- There's some humor and it's funny. XD
- I could not figure out the mystery! (I think that's a good thing... right?)
- There's a bit of romance in the book.
- Well, in the middle of the book, they switch the point-of-view completely. Like, the first half of the book is from Watson's view and then the second half is telling the whole tale of how the murderer came to be. (AKA. the first half is London and then, boom! It's in the New World/U.S.! Like, what? How could you do that to your reader?? I had a bit of a hard time getting into the second half because it felt like a totally different book. But it was still good. ^.^)
- And I could not figure out the mystery. (Bad-ish because the author doesn't give enough clues and you don't even know who the murderer is before they are caught. And I kinda like knowing the villain before you know they are a evil mastermind.)
To sum it up, it was a good book and if you like mysteries, you should read it!