Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2018

Tales of the Month and Art Request Update

*talks in a nice old lady way* Hello, hello! So nice of you to drop by! I hope you'll stay long enough for tea and crumpets.

...

*stares at what I just typed*

What am I doing?!

Don't.

Don't ask.  :/ I think it's the coffee again.

*glares at the cold cup of coffee I have sitting next to me*

*Cold Cup of Coffee stares back innocently*

*pauses the music I'm listening to and grabs Cold Cup of Coffee to warm up in the microwave and grumbles the whole way about how this mug can't keep the coffee warm long enough for me to drink it properly*

XDD I have no idea what the heck that was all about. *shrugs* OH WELL. I GUESS YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO DEAL WITH HYPER CHLOE TODAY.



Gravestone by Travis Thrasher


This book is about: After a tragic incident, Chris is left feeling empty. He's always been watched and told that's better to lay low and not do anything, rather than risk everything and know the truth. But in a town like Solitary, where there seems to be more darkness than light, the truth comes at a high price. Chris is torn between keeping his friends and family safe by not investigating the secrets of Solitary or seeking out the source of this darkness that haunts him and destroying it for good.

This was a really good book. But the author is super talented, he can make it feel like so many months have passed for you and you've only been reading the book for, like, a few days. XDD So that was a kinda cool feeling but it was also a tad bit depressing because Chris is feeling so sad. So things are like a blur to him. And he spends most of his time doing the same things and has this pattern of what he does for months on end. Which happens to me in real life, but it's strange reading a book like that. 

All in all, it was a very good book! And I'm super curious about the next one because I've that readers can get very frustrated at Chris. :P 

Run for Cover by Eva Gray


This book is about: Rosie and her three new friends are now certain about what's actually happening at the school. As they make their escape, they soon find that they need to trust one another if they're are going to get to safety. Rosie knows the cost of what it takes to survive, but will they listen to her? And can she trust them with a secret she's never told anyone before?   

I love how this is such a short book but it's written in such a way that there's character growth and you slowly learn more and more about character's backstories and ahhh, its way better than I thought it would be! XD The series is written by four different authors under one name. One for each book, so one for each character. Run for Cover is written by Tui T. Sutherland! And it so feels like Sutherland's writing style! XD (I love her books. #WingsofFirefanforlife and #PetTroubleisadorable) I really like this series. :)

Majora's Mask by Akira Himekawa


This book is about: This book takes place right after Ocarina of Time, so Ganon has just been sealed away and peace has returned to Hyrule. Link's fairy, Navi, is missing. So Link is off again, this time searching for her. He stumbles upon a strange kid, Skull Kid, with a mask, on his journey. The mask, called Majora's Mask, is one that has the power to grant the wearer's every wish. Skull Kid uses this magic to transport Link to a similar but very different universe and turns Link into a Deku Nut! Link tries to find his way back to normal and to Hyrule, but he soon realizes this new world needs a hero more than Hyrule does right now. Does Link have enough strength to save that world from total destruction? 

I love rereading and rereading these Legend of Zelda graphic novels so very much. And the art style and characters are just purely fun to visit again and again. I have read almost every single of the books, except for three, the two Twilight Princess ones and Phantom Hourglass. 

It took me a little while, when I was new to these books, to read the book from right to left, like they do in Japan. But once you're comfortable doing that, it's very easy to read! And I can read one of these in like a day because I can't get enough of Link. XDD


- - -

I want to let all of you who requested art that I should have two pieces done by next week!!! I'm in the middle of working on one now and the next one should be done soon if I can enough to time to draw. XD I can't wait to share them with you!!! :O

Do you have a favorite genre of books to read?

4 comments:

  1. Those sound like amazing books! I really wanna read Run for Cover now XDD

    I think I'll die when you post all the art, BECAUSE YOUR AT IS SOOO GOOD!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo! That’d be really cool if you started reading Tomorrow Girls! XDD

      XD Please don’t die! I would miss you too much if you did! DX :P Thank you so much! :3

      Delete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHLOE/KOOLESTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT *THROWS CONFETTI EVERYWHERE*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY THANKS! *dances around in the confetti and tosses Bold Bananas everywhere even though it way past my birthday now* XDDD

      Thanks for the lovely comment for my birthday! :D

      Delete

Let's chat! I'd love to hear your thoughts about my blog!