A few weeks ago I read The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan and I kinda feel like doing a little review of what I thought of it. (Beware if you have not read this book there may be a few spoilers!)
- The Kane siblings can be a funny pair.
- It has a cool looking cover!
- The chapter called The House of the Helpful Hippo had an interesting idea about forgotten gods.
- The Duat is definitely a place I don't wanna go to... (And that's a good thing when it comes to reading books.)
- As far as creepy looking bad guys go, Vlad is totally up close to the top.
- Ra was a hilarious old man, who spoke gibberish.
- Anubis is a awesome looking character. (I mean, who wouldn't like a thousand year old god that looks like a teenage biker complete with a black leather jacket?)
- I'm not sure what to make of the "balance between Chaos and Ma'at." It's a little weird, to be honest.
- Sadie uses God's name in vain a few too many times.
- The belief in Ma'at feels a lot like it's trying to be like Christian belief but in the wrong way.
- Vlad sacrifices a demon to the god Chaos.
- At one point in the book, it makes it sound like Moses from the Bible was a Magician (AKA. it was the power of the gods that made Moses able to part the waters).
All in all, I wouldn't say this was the worst book ever. But it's just not my favorite.
If you have read The Throne of Fire, what do you think of it?